Company: DISTRIBUTION OF OIL PRODUCT SECTOR.
A company with a staff of 125 people that distributes oil products in tanker trucks, saw the need to reassess the set of operational processes to ensure the growth of its activity -to expand the areas of performance and customer base-, could be carried out in a structured and sustainable way without tensions.
An Analysis was conducted which identified a great potential for improvement in the set of processes ranging from the scheduling of daily activity to protocol control on operations and safety.
- The route scheduling system was modified to optimise the allocation of trucks and drivers.
- A punctuality monitor and GPS tracking system was implanted on trucks.
- A new remuneration system was designed and implemented for the drivers based on standard times and tachograph readings.
- A system of cost control was implanted to discover the occupancy of drivers, occupancy of trucks, the degree of filling of tanks, costs per kilometre (maintenance, depreciation, diesel, etc.)
- The average call time was reduced by 15%.
- The costs per call was reduced by 25%.
- The % of calls that were answered within 10 seconds improved by 10 percentage points.