Company: LOGISTICS SECTOR.
National company dedicated to designing, manufacturing and marketing vending machines. The CEO of the Company was concerned about the problems of quality, deadlines and costs in launching new products.
An analysis of the engineering area was conducted where we observed that products failed cost goals and generated a high number of incidents to customers. There were coordination problems between various departments involved and the management of information caused a great loss of time.
- A new policy of costs and a system to monitor deviations were implemented according to goals.
- A new organisational model was defined and launched, identifying a responsible for costs per divisions. A new management system and a process of continuous improvement was defined and implemented for the ongoing design of new products.
- The attainment of more than 200 improvement proposals, with an estimated €3 million over a horizon of 2 years.
- At the end of the project they had implemented improvements worth €1.8 billion in cost savings.
- The new dynamic was so understood that the organisation’s personnel began to establish improvements over the initial implemented system.