Company: LOGISTICS SECTOR.
Important logistics operator with operations on an international and national level. The CEO was concerned about the constant complaints from the stores they had to serve: delays in the delivery, damaged goods ... that ended up causing breakage of stock at the final point of sale.
An in-depth Analysis of warehouse operations detected very poor coordination between the different areas, a lack of planning and poor management resources. Resulting in an under-utilisation of available resources, excessive administrative burden and low productivity.
- The docks for loading and unloading were reorganised, establishing a new programme and a new process of preparing and monitoring orders.
- A new layout of the operational centre was defined and implemented, improving the flow of material.
- A much needed scheduling tool for personnel was defined.
- Productivity increased by 140%, resulting in annual savings of €1.3 million personnel hours.
- The level of service increased, with a compliance rate of 85%.
- The costumer entrusted us to export the model we designed and implemented to other warehouses that they managed.